August 21, 2012
Abuelita’s Pan de Manzana
This delicious recipe is just like the one that grandma used to make. If you follow this recipe as is, it will make 2 loaves.
Ingredients:- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3 cups and 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of diced, skinless Golden Delicious apples
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- One teaspoon of flour
- Butter to grease pans
1. Mix 3 cups of flour, the cinnamon, the baking soda, the baking powder and the salt in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the sugar and the oil to the eggs and continue mixing.
3. Add the vanilla to the egg mixture. Then add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
4. In a small bowl, mix the walnuts with the teaspoon of flour and then add to the batter.
5. Grease 2 loaf pans with butter and pour the batter evenly into both pans.
6. Bake at 350 degrees from 45 minutes to an hour. After 45 minutes have passed, check on the bread to make sure that it is cooked all the way through and doesn’t overcook.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
Did your abuela ever make apple bread? Will you try this recipe? Leave your comment below!
Check out abuelita’s rice pudding here!